Could this apply to you, someone you care about or a
Are you thinking more about your use of:
Are you becoming concerned that you are engaging in one or more of the following behaviours
accessing pornography or other problematic sexual behaviours
getting angry or violent
a) using more alcohol or other drugs than you used to; or are you
b) engaging in a specific problematic behavior for longer periods than you used to?
- Have you tried to change this pattern of behavior, but not been able to?
- Are you spending more time thinking about or recovering from your substance use or this behavior?
- Do you have cravings and urges to use substances or indulge yourself in this behavior?
- Are you missing out on completing other responsibilities because of your use or behavior?
- Are you stopping or reducing other social activities so you can use or engage in this behavior?
- Are you continuing to use or engage in this behavior even when you know it is causing problems in your relationships?
- Is your use or behavior placing you in risky situations?
- Are you continuing to use or engage in this behavior even though it is causing you physical, emotional or psychological problems?
- Are you needing to use more or engaging more often in this behavior in order to get the same pleasure from it?
- Do you experience some withdrawal distress if you have not used or engaged in this behavior?
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to 2-3 of these questions, you may have the beginnings of a problem and now is the best time to seek some support.
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to 4-5 of these questions, then the issue is more of a concern and we would really encourage you to take that first step towards getting support; call today!
If you have answered ‘Yes’ to 6 or more then the problem is likely to be serious; please seek help today!
We offer tailor-made private treatment options that will work with and for you. Contact us today!
What treatment options are available?
There are two approaches to treatment.
- Where you want to manage the problems you are experiencing but do not want to completely stop your use or behavior right now (known as harm reduction).
- Where you actually want to stop using or engaging in this behavior (known as abstinence based).
Depending upon which approach you think is best for you, will dictate where you may wish to seek support. Ask the treatment service which approach they use?
Other decisions you will need to make are:
- Are you seeking treatment in the community or
- Are you seeking a residential treatment option?
If you are looking for a community based treatment option, would you prefer your treatment to be in a group setting or would you prefer a more personal one 2 one with a therapist?
Are you able to attend treatment during the business day or are you looking at options outside of business hours?
Can you get to the physical locations where your preferred treatment is offered or would you prefer to access treatment online?
Call us today to discuss what options would be best for you.
Support for friends and family of those working through problematic patterns of substance use or gambling
If you are in danger?